Confessions and scriptures to stand on for any situation
When dealing with the enemy, and his attack in any area of life, we need to remember a few steps.
- Go to the Lord and get His direction and marching orders. (Psalms 37:23, Psalms 119:105)
- Get your eyes on the Word and off of the enemy’s attack. Don’t deny the attack, but don’t focus on it either. Let the Word of God in this area be what you focus on. (2 Corinthians 10:3-6, Philippians 4:8)
- Repent of your own sins and accept mercy and forgiveness from God. (1 John 1:9, 2 Corinthians 5:21)
- Forgive others and release them of any wrong they have done to you. (Mark 11:25)
- Read the Word that deals with this area of life and speak it out loud over your situation. (Mark 11:22-24, Jeremiah 1:12)
- Do these things on a regular basis as though you were taking a prescription. (Psalms 1:1-3, Psalms 145)
- Stand in faith that the answer is yours and it will come to pass! (Ephesians 6:10-20)
The Bible tells us that life and death are in the power of the tongue and those who love it will eat it’s fruit. Our words have power to produce results in our lives. That’s why it is so important to watch over our words to make sure they agree with His Word! Take some time to look over these confessions and speak God’s Word over your life; then expect to see the fruit!
You may use the following scripture lists as a place to start. Print them off or refer to them here as often as you need to. Be open to the leading of the Holy Spirit for relevant scriptures that you can add to your scripture lists. Read them aloud and turn them into confessions that instinctively come out from you in response to the battle that you are waging.
Trust the Lord and remember that our battle is not with flesh and blood but with our spiritual enemy, satan and his kingdom.
For though we walk in the flesh, we are not waging war according to the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh but have divine power to destroy strongholds. We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ, being ready to punish every disobedience, when your obedience is complete. 2 Corinthians 10:3-6 (ESV)
Finally, keep in your heart the promise that in Christ, you are an overcomer.
And they have conquered him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, for they loved not their lives even unto death. Revelation 12:11 (ESV)
But thanks be to God, who in Christ always leads us in a triumphal procession, and through us spreads the fragrance of the knowledge of him everywhere. 2 Corinthians 2:14 (ESV)